To reach the destination, we all have to go through a roadmap. Same is with getting success in eCommerce. Yes, only a complete and strategic roadmap will make you reach or achieve the ecommerce marketing success. The most challenging part of eCommerce is not setting up your online store, but it’s how to market it. So, we created a complete roadmap for you that help you market your eCommerce store in an easy and effective way. HERE WE GO………………...
1) Start The Way With SEO
SEO is an important component of an ecommerce business, mainly because it helps them gain visibility. 44% of online shoppers spot ecommerce portals through search engines. Hence, good SEO ensures consumers spot your business before your competitors. Some of the main SEO options are:
- On Page Optimization – Always start your optimization of your own pages instead of directly jumping to external SEO. Start with optimizing titles, heading, content and images.
- Creative Content - Creating quality content is the best way to not only rank for keywords but also create positive user experiences. It will also go a long way with ensuring you are educating customers, and being an authority in your niche will lead to boosts in sales.
- Guest Posting - Guest posting isn't dead - only the spammy distant cousin is. This is still one of the best ways to get a good contextual link.
- Link Building – Building relevant links from resource pages and directories makes for a nice, diverse link profile that Google doesn’t find apprehensive.
2) Add Some Twist With Email MarketingEmail is one of the best ways to communicate with customers. According to recent research and surveys:
- Email has an ROI of around 4,300% (according to the Direct Marketing Association)
- 80% of people say they receive marketing messages alongside their personal emails on a daily basis.
- 70% of people make use of coupons or discounts they learn about from email.
- 60% of people say that receiving special offers is the top reason they subscribe to an email list from a business.
In other words, if your ecommerce business hasn't taken the time to adopt email marketing, then you are leaving money on the table.
3) Take A Long Turn With PPC
If you want to drive targeted traffic to your online store at a faster pace than Google Adwords is a fantastic way to do this. But it creates wonders only when, this tool is used properly. Else it is a money pit. Product Listing Ads - Product Listing Ads i.e. PLA are more of a shopping-centric version of Adwords. The best part of it is that the cost is low and conversion rate is much higher. Comparison Shopping Engines - Websites like PriceGrabber, Nextag, and Shopzilla create wonders for some merchants by driving commercial traffic. Facebook Ads – You can develop a fan base and build your email list brilliantly with Facebook Ads.
4) A Lane To Social Media
- Social Media Profiles – Create profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media platforms. By creating profiles on such profiles you can communicate effectively with your customers and also can build brand awareness efficiently.
- Pinterest - Pinterest has its own importance.
- Product Reviews – If you want to create brand awareness of your business then Product Reviews are very effective, especially for the new product.
- Giveaways and Contests – It is similar to product reviews. The extra benefit of Giveaways and Contests over Product Review is that it is much more effective to get emails and social followers. Growth Hacking - Growth hacking is a complete package. It is a combination of all the above-mentioned strategies and therefore most powerful among all.
5) Some More Turns to Reach Your Destination
- Video Marketing – Marketing through Video is a hit formula in today’s business world. Many businesses are making dollar plus business using Facebook Video and YouTube video.
- Affiliate Marketing - Affiliate marketing certainly gives you profit, but necessary is you must follow your niche to go that extra mile.
- Forums and Q&A Sites – Search social forums and give solutions to the people for which they are looking for related to your business. Just keep in mind that do not spam.
- Related Industries - Approach a store in a related marketplace. This will help you foster your business as well as relations.