Just about every single effort on the part of an online business owner is a step toward optimizing or increasing their conversion rate. In spite of everything, you can be buying ads across internet & pulling in lots of traffic, but if none of those people convert –– all of that money is fruitless. We are providing an insight on how to boost security & performance of ecommerce website.
Further than site design and opening up a convenient and transparent line of communication with clienteles –– there are added, more website performance-related problems that could be harmfully affecting how many of your website visitors turn into real customers. These include site speed, security and SEO –– all of which assist users discover your store and make use of it without getting unsatisfied about long load times, as well as emboldens them to confirm the sales based on their level of trust for your business.
Below, we have outlined 22 ways you can endure to enhance your ecommerce store to indulge client’s wish for easy and quick surfing and purchasing.
Leverage Unnoticed Touch Points
Your online store offers many customer touch points, many of which comprise your blog, your social media channels and instant chat. Afar these more clear ways in which you talk to and achieve customers, be sure to also consider those points that happen frequently a bit more unnoticed, which includes email marketing, SEO & cleaning up old links that are now 404 pages.
Here are some of the key points to Boost Security & Performance of Ecommerce Website
1) Write unique & string Meta descriptions and tags
2) Offer a stellar shipping policy and display it
3) Offer an exchange or returns policy and display it
4) Analyze your emails
5) Love on your informational pages
6) Smarten up any 404 pages
7) Run your pages through Pingdom
8) Use images sizes that are appropriate
9) Speaking of, don’t use a PNG when a JPEG will do
10) Utilize a CDN
11) Limit the use of Redirects
12) Offer guest check out
13) Display security seals
14) Offer multiple payment methods
15) Answer those FAQs
16) Set expectations
17) Pre-populate information wherever you can
18) Clearly mark fields as mandatory
19) Give immediate validation
20) Don’t add on extra costs abruptly
21) Responsive design
22) Offers easy ways to pay