Magento is a feature-rich, open-source eCommerce solution. Magento allows merchants total control over customization for their web-stores be it appearance, content or functionality.Magento has powerful features for marketing, catalog-management tools and SEO. It allows the merchants an ability to develop eCommerce websites that are custom-made as per their specific business needs.Magento ecommerce platform begun its journey in the year 2001 and joined hands with eBay recently. The result of partnership is an enhanced community experience of developers who are perpetually rising and creating new modules, features and extensions
Magento has always been admired for its prompt and quality technical support amongst any eCommerce platform. Magento is ideally suited for those organizations which need professional online store presence.Zen Cart is a also a php based open source ecommerce platform. Zen Cart uses a MySQL database along with HTML components. Zen Cart appears to be like a all new idea for eCommerce development, in which creating a store does not require major programming skills. Zen Cart’s default installation provides almost everything that are required to start and run an online store.
Zen Cart (vs. Magento)
- Both Platforms are free and open source.
- Both offers functionality straight out of the box.
- Zen Cart is suited for web merchants who are new to PHP, while Magento demands more technical expertise.
- Zen Cart has an progressive development unit, however Magento development team's capabilities are simply outstanding.
- Magento support multiple sales outlets from single interface, while Zen Cart supports single store.
- Magento supports iPhone and major mobile platforms, however Zen Cart does not.
- Zen Cart has lacks in content management (its limited), while Magento’s offers complete hold.
- Magento offers template management system for emails on the other hand Zen Cart do not have this feature.
- Magento’s navigation (layered) is absolutely user-friendly. Zen Cart's Navigation is good but far behind as of Magento.
- Magento offers many SEO features out of the box.
- Magento supports better standards of security in comparison to Zen Cart.
- For products Magento offers elaborated comparison features module where Zen Cart does not.