Migration of ecommerce platform requires certain very important consideration. In part 1 of Migration of ecommerce platform for better services and sales, we highlighted stability of domain name, security layer checks i.e. SSL certification, data migration and automatic setup for shipment, accounting and payment procedure. Now the next four important considerations follow.
Search Engine Optimization
- After the new website goes live check every link and address.
- Send feedback emails from your ecommerce websites.
- Ensure placements and mailto links on your email addresses.
Going Live ON?
- With reference from “migration of ecommerce platform part 1” you must have collected administrative login details. So, Login to your server management account and update DNS record.
- Your DNS record takes the TTL (time-to-live) in maximum 300 seconds.
- This is the most crucial steps from technical point of view as it spreads updated information about your ecommerce website across the world in 5 minutes.
Sometimes people are unable to update their DNS because of previous provider’s restrictions. If that happens it means, it is World Wide Web’s internet routing decision which website your visitors will see- old or new.
Testing and Scheduling TransfersYou must perform a few checks before implementing your new ecommerce website on the go. It is best to clear out bugs before users attend to your website after migration of ecommerce platform.
- Migration of ecommerce platform test your new ecommerce website with a [themecolor]Few Orders.[/themecolor]
- Check full [themecolor]Procedure of Working[/themecolor] and delivering while measuring minimum and maximum time required to complete the task.
- If you have been able to [themecolor]update TTL[/themecolor] in the earlier step then customers will automatically land to your new ecommerce website. If not then it is essential to monitor visitors after migration of ecommerce platform on your newly created ecommerce website and the earlier one.
- [themecolor]Monitor increase in your visits[/themecolor], sales, ease of functionality and other features for a month, keeping your website before migration of ecommerce platform is active with the new one.
- Additionally, you can[themecolor] Back Up[/themecolor] all your old files and data during this time period.