Search Engine OptimizationIn migration of ecommerce platform one of the most important consideration is maintaining SEO ranking of your online shopping store. SEO professionals upgrade, update and optimize an ecommerce website over the years stepping up SEO scores slowly. Therefore, all the money spent on advertising, SEO efforts, upgrades, etc. cannot be risked with migration of ecommerce platform. You have to hire a professional ecommerce designer who is well versed with the knowledge of SEO settings like canonical tags, Robots.txt, Meta robots, link updates, URL specifications, 301 redirects and others.
Email IDOne of the key steps during migration of ecommerce platform which is often missed out is stability of email address. It is essential to keep email address of your ecommerce website same after migration of ecommerce platform. Here is how you can validate your website after migration:
- After the new website goes live check every link and address.
- Send feedback emails from your ecommerce websites.
- Ensure placements and mailto links on your email addresses.
Going Live ON?Here is what you must do within 48 hours after the launch of your new ecommerce website:
- With reference from “migration of ecommerce platform part 1” you must have collected administrative login details. So, Login to your server management account and update DNS record.
- Your DNS record takes the TTL (time-to-live) in maximum 300 seconds.
- This is the most crucial steps from technical point of view as it spreads updated information about your ecommerce website across the world in 5 minutes.
Sometimes people are unable to update their DNS because of previous provider’s restrictions. If that happens it means, it is World Wide Web’s internet routing decision which website your visitors will see- old or new.
Testing and Scheduling TransfersYou must perform a few checks before implementing your new ecommerce website on the go. It is best to clear out bugs before users attend to your website after migration of ecommerce platform.
- Migration of ecommerce platform test your new ecommerce website with a [themecolor]Few Orders.[/themecolor]
- Check full [themecolor]Procedure of Working[/themecolor] and delivering while measuring minimum and maximum time required to complete the task.
- If you have been able to [themecolor]update TTL[/themecolor] in the earlier step then customers will automatically land to your new ecommerce website. If not then it is essential to monitor visitors after migration of ecommerce platform on your newly created ecommerce website and the earlier one.
- [themecolor]Monitor increase in your visits[/themecolor], sales, ease of functionality and other features for a month, keeping your website before migration of ecommerce platform is active with the new one.
- Additionally, you can[themecolor] Back Up[/themecolor] all your old files and data during this time period.