Today we are living in a world which never stops neither our ambition of growth nor our desire to succeed. If you are looking to start a business by selling some good or services online then welcome to the world of eCommerce. This is the domain which lets seller and buyer come to a common virtual platform over internet to perform their activities.
To have a successful online venture you need to have an eCommerce business plan. This should be as your original business plan because your entire success depends on this. Moreover you should plan for the next 5 years down the line. For starting an online business you first need to find answer of these questions, What would be your product? Who would be your target customers? How would you fulfill your customers requirement? What would be your budget? How would you do marketing of your store? These questions are the part of your business plan which needs to be answered accordingly. Now we would discuss the rest i.e. how would you build an eCommerce website? For an online business you need to have an eCommerce website which would act as your physical store and displays the listed product of your store. This is an outward interface of your business which deal with the customers query and completes the entire sales process.
Features of a successful eCommerce website:
- It should be as interactive and responsive as a brick and mortar store.
- It should display all the available products categorically.
- Selection of product and addition to shopping cart must be very easy.
- Checkout process should be very efficient and secure.
- Shipping process should be made very transparent to increase customer satisfaction.
- Online support should be available through toll free no. to answer customer’s real time query.
- After sale customer service should be very responsive and prompt.
Getting started for building an eCommerce website:
- Register a catchy yet related web domain name for your business, I would suggest godaddy.com and register.com for this.
- Hire a good web design company to design your website, I don’t think that a freelancer would do it for you because support is needed for this kind of website after it is up and running.
- Discuss the eCommerce platform which would suit for your business. I would suggest Magento or Amazon webstore out of 37 eCommerce available platform because of their extensive features.
- Content of the site should be very informative and engaging and you should refresh your content regularly to attract more traffic.
- Structure your website by deciding how many pages would be in your website how they would be linked with each other, choose best graphics and icons to enhance the content.
- Design is the key part of your website it should be according to your business idea and concept. Your design should compel user to navigate your website. Discuss it very specifically with your web designer.
- Site Navigation should be as smooth as sailing in the sea. User must enjoy navigating your site with ease and get what he wants. There should not be any dead link , and steps between choosing a product and checkout should be very easy and less in numbers.
- Website credibility is very essential feature which should not be taken as granted, you must assure that reputation of your website and its credibility should not be at stake because of your service issue and operations.
- Contactability and customer service should be very responsive and easy to find with in website.
- Marketing and SEO when your website is up and running this is the most crucial activity need to do in daily basis, this would enhance your presence in internet and increase traffic of your website and subsequently enhance your business revenue.
Recommended Ecommerce Hosting -
So, we can conclude that building a successful eCommerce business is a gradual process which can be done by taking right decision at the right time. Just try to follow some basic rules of internet business this will be fruitful for you.